Farmhouse kitchens are all about creating that classic, rural heart of the home. Here are some design tips on how to create this welcoming style in your home, from our laminate countertop edging team.
- Open shelving: While very modern kitchens hide everything away, farmhouse kitchens put things on display. Wall-mounted shelves, door-less cabinets, dish racks and ceiling-mounted pot-holders are all classic features of this style of kitchen.
- Traditional flooring: Flooring plays an important role in creating the ambience of a farmhouse kitchen. Wooden floors are classic (natural or painted), but you can find rustic stone tiles that also look fantastic.
- Eat-in kitchen: Farmhouse kitchens are traditionally large in size and feature a big table where everyone can gather around to cook, relax, work or eat. They make great prep tables as well as dining tables, and look best in wood.
- Apron-fronted sink: A big, deep sink is another classic characteristic of these kitchens. It should be able to withstand heavy duty, fit big pots and saucepans, and look great too. While there are plenty of new ones on sale, you could add an authentic touch by sourcing a vintage model from a salvage yard or market.
- A range: The range is the workhorse of the kitchen, warming the space and cooking up tasty family meals. For the right look and feel, you can go for an AGA, complete with vintage stovepipe.
- Country details: From old-fashioned handles and faucets to free-standing cabinets, exposed beams and gentle colors, the farmhouse kitchen comes to life through little details. Mix your cabinets with salvaged vintage Welsh dresser or displays, add pretty vintage signs and glassware, or old-fashioned light fixtures to deliver the perfect finishing touches.
Design Your Dream Farmhouse Kitchen with the Laminate Countertop Edging Specialists
At Kuehn Bevel, we’ve got over 20 years of experience in the laminate countertop edging industry and, with a huge range of profiles, design choices and laminate countertop edging options, we can create the custom detail your farmhouse kitchen deserves. We specialize in all the major laminate brands, including Formica edges, as well as wood and solid surface countertop edge profiles.
For more information about our products or speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us or visit our website at http://www.kuehnbevel.com/