Thanks to new manufacturing and design processes, laminate countertops are becoming one of the most popular options for interior designers and home renovation projects – but how do they compare to other materials?
- Granite: This natural stone is still very much in demand thanks to its wide range of colors and patterns as well as its durability. However, it can be very expensive to buy and install, and although it can handle heat and knife nicks well, it does need to be sealed regularly to avoid staining and keep it in good condition. It is also very heavy, so you need to invest in high quality cabinets that can hold this weight properly.
- Solid surface: Although this is an acrylic and polyester blend, it isn’t by any means a cheap option. It is non-porous, has a seamless installment and comes in every color and pattern – but his high-end product comes with a luxury price tag that can detract from its great features. It is also susceptible to burns and scratches.
- Tile: Always a kitchen staple, tiles offer you a chance to get creative and install a beautiful old world kitchen. Although it is chip and heat resistant, the uneven surface can be difficult to clean and work with while the grouting can lead to bacterial growth if it isn’t regularly sealed.
- Stainless steel: A stylish option that suits the industrial aesthetic, these countertops are indestructible, bacteria resistant and heat resistant. However, they can dent fairly easily and their natural shine makes every fingerprint show up. Because they are custom made to fit your kitchen, the cost of these countertops can be very high.
- Laminate: Laminate offers the best of each material without the downside. It can deliver the look of granite, the non-porous character of solid surface, the creativity of tile and the bacterial and heat resistance of stainless steel – all without the cost. Laminate kitchen countertops are easy to clean and last for decades, and can be designed to suit any design aesthetic, from modern minimalism to warm traditional materials.
Choose durable edging that enhances your laminate kitchen countertops
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacturing of decorative beveled edge laminate countertop molding and decorative edge products for laminate, solid surface and wood countertops. Our aim is to give our clients access to beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging design but without the hefty price tag.