These days, we’re all looking for ways to make our lives greener, from sourcing our food from local, organic farms to investing in high-efficiency appliances that use less energy. Remodeling our homes and businesses is no exception – and with such a huge range of materials and options out there, it can be difficult to narrow your choices down to the most eco-friendly selections. So, where do laminate countertops fit in? Read these insights from the experts in countertop edge profiles:
- They’re durable: One of the factors that make the biggest impact on how green a product is, is how long it lasts. The longer it can fulfil its function, the more green it is. Laminate countertops are exceptionally durable and hardwearing – which is why most of us have seen old laminate countertops still functioning in homes from the 50s!
- They are fairly low energy to manufacture: Although the manufacturing process for laminate countertops is quite intensive, it is much less than that used to manufacture marble, granite or even composite kitchen countertops, making it a more eco-friendly option.
- They are manufactured in the USA: Unlike marble, granite and some woods that have to be shipped in from around the world, laminate countertops are made right here in the USA. With minimal shipping, they are at your door and ready for installation.
- They are easy to install: Due to the nature of laminate countertops and their manufacturing process, they are quick and easy to install – even though they do require the use of adhesives. By choosing an eco-friendly adhesive, you can have your countertops fitted and installed in no time at all, reducing the energy imprint of your remodel.
- There are green laminates: If you want to get the most out of going green, you can choose a laminate made by Wilsonart or Formica that is Greenguard certified. These are made from low-VOC emitting materials and use formaldehyde-free paper and low or non-toxic glues.
Increase the durability and performance of your countertops with laminate countertop edging
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products including beveled edge laminate countertop trim and edging for granite like laminate. Our aim is to give our clients access to a huge range of beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about countertop edge profiles, please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.