One of the best things about choosing laminate countertops for your home is the quick and easy – and inexpensive – installation process. Here’s how it works, from your specialists in laminate countertop edging.
- Step One: Measuring. This is the most important part of the process, as incorrectly measured countertops will be a disaster. Your contractor will come through to your home and take down the floor plan and dimensions of your cabinets, as well as measure for appliances, sinks and so forth.
- Step Two: Out with the old. On installation day, your countertops will arrive complete with your custom laminate edge, if you have chosen that option. Your old countertops will now be removed, which can be a messy job. Your cabinets will then be prepared for the new countertops by installing buildup strips to ensure a level, secure fit.
- Step Three: Scribing for the best fit. This is the method your installer will use to ensure you get the best fit between your countertops and the walls, especially in corners. This includes shaving down the countertop in places where the wall is uneven. While this may look like a messy job, it’s essential to getting great looking countertops and the smallest, neatest joins.
- Step Four: Attach the countertop. Now the installer can position and fix your countertops in place. This involves gluing and bolting the countertops down, and calking joints. At this point, your backsplash will also be fixed in place.
- Step Five: Sinks. Using the sink you want installed, your installer will trace and cut its shape out of the laminate using a jigsaw. They will then place the sink in and seal around the edges to ensure no water can get into the laminate.
Enhance your laminate countertops with affordable edging options
With over 20 years of experience, Kuehn Bevel are the people to see when you want exceptional quality edging options for your laminate countertops. With a wide range of decorative options to suit all the top laminate countertop brands, we’ll deliver a product that is expertly manufactured and designed to your specifications. From beveled edge laminate countertops to Formica edges and Corian countertop edges, we can deliver it all.
Please contact us today for more information on our countertop edge options at kuehnbeve.wpengine.com.