While granite is still one of the most sought-after countertop options for kitchens, bathrooms and work surfaces, their cost and complex installation can make it impractical for many homeowners. Fortunately, there is a solution. High quality granite like laminate countertops can deliver the same elegant designer look at a fraction of the cost, while ensuring a practical and durable countertop surface. But where can you find the best designs?
- Formica: The original producer of laminate countertops is always pushing the boundaries of design and production in order to deliver the best possible product. Their 180fx range offers the highest resolution granite designs to deliver the dramatic, natural look of granite. Versatile and glamorous, these countertops come in a range of true-to-life granite types, with colors ranging from neutral palettes to a deep, rustic red.
- Wilsonart: A respected brand in the laminate design and production industry, Wilsonart countertops are expertly manufactured to deliver a durable and impressive-looking product. With a range of natural stone designs including marble, concrete, granite, quartz and slate, you’ll have a huge range of high quality options to choose from.
- Nevamar: A specialist in the high pressure laminate industry, Nevamar offers a huge range of stone-like laminate countertops. Ranging from natural stone looks to unique composites, these countertops offer something for everyone – whether you’re more traditional or creative.
- Pionite: A high-quality laminate countertop option, Pionite products offer natural stone like products at competitive prices. Available in a range of stone options, designs include a wide range of natural looks with a range of high quality finishes.
Finish your countertops off the right way with high quality laminate countertop edging options
At Kuehn Bevel, we specialize in manufacturing high quality countertop edge options, including beveled edge laminate countertop trim, that deliver the perfect finishing touches to your design. Expertly manufactured to your specifications using a wide range of edging options and laminate products, we deliver a result that enhances your design, protects your countertops and looks great.
From the ideal Formica edges and faux granite countertop trim to backsplashes and wood profiles, we do it all. Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information.
When you’re choosing between different types of countertops, it all comes down to four factors, say laminate countertop edging specialists: appearance, cost, durability and installation. So let’s see how quartz and laminate counters measure up!
- Appearance: This is a tricky one because quartz has a very distinctive look with its high gloss, natural stone colors and veining… and so does laminate. This is because state-of-the-art design technology has allowed laminate manufacturers to mimic the look of this attractive natural stone more accurately and elegantly than ever before. Laminate is available in a huge range of quartz appearances and, for most people, they look almost exactly like the real thing.
- Cost: Affordability is a big part of choosing a countertop, especially when you’re on a tight budget or need to cover a big area, like in a kitchen remodel. Here, laminate countertops win outright. While quartz isn’t as expensive as marble, it can still cost around $100 per linear foot, while even the highest quality laminates will only cost around $50 or less per linear foot.
- Durability: As a natural stone, quartz is highly durable in terms of wear-and-tear especially in terms of resistance to abrasion and knives, which can damage the surface of laminate countertops if you cut directly onto them. However, laminate is known for its incredible longevity if treated with a little care and, in fact, has a much higher heat resistance than quartz, which can crack if a heat is applied directly to its surface.
- Installation: Quartz is a heavy stone and will need to be set onto cabinets that have been made to withstand the additional weight. This must be done by professionals who will cut, shape and fit the slabs onsite to ensure a proper installation. While laminate countertops are often professionally installed many customers do go the DIY route because it is a fairly simple job. Even if you do take the professional route, the job is quick and not labor intensive – giving you additional savings.
Custom designed laminate countertop edges for your remodel
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products for laminate, solid surface and wood countertops. Our aim is to give our clients access to beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about laminate countertop edging options, please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.
When most people are remodeling their kitchens or bathrooms and ordering their laminate countertops, they don’t know that there are more edging options out there than the standard ones offered by laminate manufacturers. Specialists like Kuehn Bevel, however, have revolutionized the laminate edging industry by offering a huge range of affordable, high quality options that promote creativity, customization and style. Here are just some of the many laminate edging options you can choose from:
- Solid surface edges: These edges are durable, smooth and resilient – and available in all the top laminate brand designs. Choose from a multitude of patterns and designs, including single and double bevels, round and ogee edges. These edges are durable, non-porous and hygienic, delivering a seamless result for your vanity, kitchen countertop or work surface.
- Wood: Wood edge molding is a great way to edge off your countertops with a warm, welcoming and traditional touch. It is available in Red Oak, Cherry and Maple in a wide range of profile options. In addition, you can also include laminate accent strips in the design to create an even more personalized touch.
- Kurv: Kurv edges are a very affordable option for laminate countertops that offers a high impact, sculpted edge. Available in single or double bevel as well as a subtle single and double bevel version, this is a seamless decorative option that delivers a highly water resistant and durable edge.
At Kuehn Bevel, we don’t just stop at countertop edges, we offer expertly crafted matching backsplashes and wall trim as well.
Get creative with affordable, high quality laminate edging options
With over 20 years of experience, Kuehn Bevel are the people to see when you want exceptional quality edging options for your laminate countertops. With a wide range of decorative options to suit all the top laminate countertop brands, we’ll deliver a product that is expertly manufactured and designed to your specifications. From beveled edge laminate countertops to Formica and Corian countertop edges, we can deliver it all.
Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information on our countertop edge options.
Consumers are increasingly turning to eco-friendly products, and home remodeling is no exception. Homeowners want countertops that are not only functional and aesthetically pleasing, but are earth-friendly too. Fortunately, laminate countertops fall into this range, making eco-friendly choices affordable as well as beautiful – but what makes them such a green choice? Find out from the specialists in countertop edge profiles at Kuehn Bevel.
- Puts your health first: All laminate countertops are made with a backing to provide strength and durability, but what makes them eco-friendly is that this backing has no added formaldehyde or urea, or that this backing is sealed with a zero-VOC, water-based sealant.
- Recycled: Countertops made of recycled materials are very earth-friendly, so look out for laminates made of recycled plastic. Some of the top brands known for their use of recycled plastic include Wisonart, Formica and Poinite.
- Locally made: Importing countertops or bringing them in from the other side of the country increases their carbon footprint, so look for countertop and edging manufacturers inside the U.S. that can supply you locally through an established network.
- Eco-friendly manufacturers: Make sure that the manufacturer of your countertop is committed to good environmental practices throughout their organization, like carbon emission reduction, using recycled materials in their products and holding FSC, LEED and Greenguard certifications.
Affordable, high quality and eco-friendly laminate countertop edge profiles
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products including beveled edge laminate countertop trim and edging for granite like laminate. We work with all eco-friendly laminate brands and our aim is to give our clients access to a huge range of beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about countertop edge profiles and Formica countertop edging options, please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.
If you’re a contractor or own a business specializing in kitchen and bathroom remodelling, you know that the key to business success is to deliver the best quality and best value solutions to your clients. And when it comes to laminate kitchen countertops, this means offering a wide range of expertly-crafted countertop edge profiles. Here’s why:
- They extend the life of laminate countertops: Renovation projects aren’t undertaken lightly, so your client’s kitchen or bathroom remodel has to last years in order for them to feel satisfied at the results. Countertop edging adds durability and protection to laminate countertops, ensuring that they last longer than ever before with little maintenance. Clients will be happy to know that their investment will pay off well into the future.
- They add unique style: Standard countertop edging comes with limited options and no way to add your client’s unique flair. Custom edging in a variety of decorative patterns, textures and materials offers your clients a means to achieving the final finishing touches on their vision.
- They work with all the top laminate brands: With the right supplier, you can get laminate countertop edging profiles that are in line with all the products offered by the top laminate manufacturing brands in the country. Your clients will be able to get the perfect Nevamar, Pionite, Wilsonart or Formica edges they’re looking for without having to go through any extra hassle.
- They add variety: Often, clients aren’t looking for ‘just’ a kitchen – they want something that is uniquely theirs. Custom countertop edging offers them the chance to select their own look from hundreds of different combinations of style and material, including bevelled edges, round edges and ogee edges in laminate, solid surface and wood.
Offer your clients more when you partner with Kuehn Bevel
Kuehn Bevel is a leading manufacturer of decorative countertop edging with edging options available in laminate, solid surface and wood. We provide our clients a stylishly wide selection of affordable laminate countertop edges, including Formica and Corian countertop edges – the perfect design enhancement to your customer’s laminate countertops. In addition to countertop edging, we also offer backsplashes and wall trim.
For installers looking to join the Kuehn Bevel family, click here or contact us today.
These days, we’re all looking for ways to make our lives greener, from sourcing our food from local, organic farms to investing in high-efficiency appliances that use less energy. Remodeling our homes and businesses is no exception – and with such a huge range of materials and options out there, it can be difficult to narrow your choices down to the most eco-friendly selections. So, where do laminate countertops fit in? Read these insights from the experts in countertop edge profiles:
- They’re durable: One of the factors that make the biggest impact on how green a product is, is how long it lasts. The longer it can fulfil its function, the more green it is. Laminate countertops are exceptionally durable and hardwearing – which is why most of us have seen old laminate countertops still functioning in homes from the 50s!
- They are fairly low energy to manufacture: Although the manufacturing process for laminate countertops is quite intensive, it is much less than that used to manufacture marble, granite or even composite kitchen countertops, making it a more eco-friendly option.
- They are manufactured in the USA: Unlike marble, granite and some woods that have to be shipped in from around the world, laminate countertops are made right here in the USA. With minimal shipping, they are at your door and ready for installation.
- They are easy to install: Due to the nature of laminate countertops and their manufacturing process, they are quick and easy to install – even though they do require the use of adhesives. By choosing an eco-friendly adhesive, you can have your countertops fitted and installed in no time at all, reducing the energy imprint of your remodel.
- There are green laminates: If you want to get the most out of going green, you can choose a laminate made by Wilsonart or Formica that is Greenguard certified. These are made from low-VOC emitting materials and use formaldehyde-free paper and low or non-toxic glues.
Increase the durability and performance of your countertops with laminate countertop edging
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products including beveled edge laminate countertop trim and edging for granite like laminate. Our aim is to give our clients access to a huge range of beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about countertop edge profiles, please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.