Wall trim is the ultimate accessory for your home, adding a classic, creative touch that perfectly personalizes your space. Here are some great wall trim molding ideas for adding to any room in your home, from the kitchen to the bedroom.
- Bottom ¼ of the wall: This is a classic way of adding trim to a wall. It adds a perfect divide for adding a second color to a wall, and adds immediate visual interest to a plain space. To keep this look balanced, match it up with your baseboards and add it throughout the room rather than on a single feature wall.
- Paneling: A beautiful feature often seen in turn of the century character homes, wood paneling is timeless and eye-catching. Wall trim can be used to create the panel’s borders, while paint and additional trim can be used for filling it in and adding unique design touches.
- Highlight built in features: If you have a room with built-in bookcases, a fireplace or any other specific feature, wall trim is a great and inexpensive way to highlight this feature and add visual impact. Choose a trim that matches the overall design you want to achieve, and think out of the box when it comes to size, shape and color for that extra personal touch.
- Finishing your wainscoting: For a beachy, country feel, nothing compares to classic wainscoting. Wall trim will perfectly edge this off and add that essential finishing touch. One great idea is to edge it in a chunky, more visually dramatic wall trim in the same color as the wainscoting, and then use a more delicate trim ¾ up the wall to create a second divide to balance the design.
- Modern doorway trim: Wall moldings may seem old-fashioned, but it’s all about how you use them. Delicate, elegant designs add visual interest to modern homes by drawing the eye towards great features. Using a similar design to your cornices, you can frame room entrances simply and effectively.
Wall trim molding for every home and every design
At Kuehn Bevel, we work with all the major brands, from Formica, Pionite and Wilsonart to Corian and more, giving you access to the most extensive range of laminate patterns, textures and designs. With our technology and design process, we can offer a huge range of custom combinations and product styles, letting you have full control over how the finished product will look. We also offer custom designed laminate backsplashes for kitchens and bathrooms.
For more information about our wall trim options or speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us today.