Solid surface countertops have been around for a surprisingly long time – more than 50 years, in fact – which makes them an established favorite in the industry rather than a trend that is likely to fade away. Here’s what has made this countertop option so popular in the remodeling industry, from our specialists in kitchen countertop and Corian edges.
- Non-porous: Natural stones like granite and marble are porous, which makes them a less-than-ideal kitchen or bathroom surface. This quality means that they easily soak up spilled liquids, which can result in stains and even bacterial growth.
- Homogenous: Due to the manufacturing process, which combines resins, pigments and minerals, the result is a material that is uniform in its look and composition, through-and-through. This doesn’t just make it stronger and more durable than stone, it also gives it a completely different aesthetic to natural stones that often have patterns and color variations throughout.
- Easy to repair: Like other countertop materials, whether they are wood, laminate or stone, solid surface countertops will scratch if you cut directly onto them with a knife. While using a proper cutting surface is recommended, any scratched can be buffed out quickly and easily using special sandpaper provided by the manufacturer.
- Seamless: Seams are a common issue with almost any type of countertop material, especially natural stones where different slabs need to be joined in order to fit your kitchen correctly. While specialists will try to match these seams up as well as possible, and put them in areas where they won’t really catch the eye, they are still going to be there. With solid surface, you have no such issue as seams are fused together to make them invisible to the eye, and to prevent them becoming a trap for dirt and bacteria.
- Flexibility: From color to edge profiles, your fabricator can deliver on whatever countertop design you want in your space thanks to solid surface’s composite manufacturing. This means that you aren’t limited to what you can find in nature, and that you can easily get matching backsplashes and other surface accessories to fit in with your countertops.
Customized countertop edging options for Corian solid surface
At Kuehn Bevel, we offer expertly manufactured kitchen countertop edge options and profiles to enhance and protect your investment. Whether you need laminate countertop edging options or Corian countertop edges, we can offer you a design, edge profile and final product that adds style to your space without breaking your budget.
For more information about our backsplash options, Kurv edging, laminate countertop edge profiles, Formica edges or speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us today at https://www.kuehnbevel.com/ .