Kitchen cabinets, their design and installation make a significant impact on how we use our kitchens – and how much we enjoy doing so. Here are some inspirational tips to help you get the most out of your storage, from the specialists in Formica countertop edging.
- Need more cabinets? Get an island: If you have an open plan kitchen, chances are that your biggest challenge is having enough storage space. Fortunately, there is an easy solution that won’t mean you have to remodel – invest in a kitchen island. These can be made to your exact specifications, including size and features, and add considerable storage and countertop space. Just make sure that there is enough space to easily walk around the island.
- A corner cabinet: Large, tall storage space is a huge benefit in any kitchen, large or small, and the easiest way to include this is with a triangular corner cabinet with deep shelves. This has the advantage of not taking up a significant amount of space while providing a surprising amount of very convenient storage. Many people use these for storing dry goods, small appliances, cleaning equipment, pet food and much more.
- Refurbish, repaint, recycle: Any homeowner who has considered remodeling their kitchen knows that it’s an expensive job, even when you aren’t after the latest and most exclusive trends. Refurbishing your current cabinets with a coat of paint can make an incredible difference, and combining that with a new countertop can give the same result as a full remodel at a fraction of the cost – and you can do it yourself. Another good idea is to source secondhand cabinets and use those – you’d be amazed at what you can find, from antiques and retro cabinets to great cabinets that have been discarded from other homes.
- Extend your cabinets to the ceiling: In most kitchens, cabinets are set a good distance from the ceiling – which makes sense, as this is the height range that makes them easily accessible for most people. However, this is also lost storage space. Installing cabinets to the ceiling is a great way of storing stuff that you don’t use often, especially if you don’t have a lot of storage space in your home as a whole. Additional crockery, holiday table decorations, small appliances and more can all be safely stored out of sight, and easily reached with a step ladder.
Add style and durability with laminate countertop edging
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative countertop edging and profiles. Our products include beveled edge laminate countertop trim, Formica edges, solid surface edging and Corian countertop edges, amongst others. Our aim is to give our clients access to beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about our countertop edge profiles, please contact us and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, or visit our website today at https://www.kuehnbevel.com/.
Laundry rooms are hardworking spaces, especially if you have kids and pets, but they often aren’t very pleasant to look at or use – but this doesn’t need to be the case. Here are some tips for creating a laundry space that works for your home as well as adding aesthetic appeal.
Top tips from the professionals in laminate countertop edges
- A utility sink: This is one of the workhorses of your space, rinsing off boots and plant pots, dirty dog leads and kitchen overflow. Choosing a big sink is a practical decision, but you can enhance this feature by opting for an apron-front farmhouse sink and fitting it with a designer, extendable faucet that allows you that extra flexibility and function.
- Light and airy: These are often small spaces, so having enough light is essential. Light, fresh paint and cabinetry colors (think white, mint, pale grey or pale blue), combined with sufficient natural or electric lighting will take away the gloom and make it a much friendlier space.
- Organization: A lot has to go on in this space, so organization is key. This includes space for appliances, countertops for prep and clothes, cupboards and shelves for washing powder and other household items. Remember to have a tall storage space for your ironing board, vacuum and brooms, and include key hooks and blackboards on the wall to free up your counters from becoming a dumping ground.
- Easy to clean: This room is all about mess, so making it easy to clean will save you a lot of time and effort in the long run. Cupboards collect less dust than shelves, and countertops should be easy to wipe down and able to withstand hard work – laminate is a great option for these very reasons. Flooring is also important here, so try to minimize nooks and crannies, and install water-resistant flooring that can be mopped or swept with ease.
Edging keeps your hardworking laminate countertops in great shape
At Kuehn Bevel, we offer expertly manufactured kitchen countertop edge options and profiles to enhance and protect your investment. Whether you need laminate countertop edging options, beveled edge laminate countertops, or Formica edges, we can offer you a design, edge profile and final product that adds style and durability to your space without breaking your budget.
For more information about our laminate countertop edging or to speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us and visit our website today at https://www.kuehnbevel.com/ .
Homeowners and interior designers are getting more and more creative with what we can achieve in the kitchen. Bright colors, glossy laminate countertops and molded edge options, thick wooden kitchen islands, and glittering solid surface counters… but what about black? This color is still seen as risky in the kitchen, but it can give your home that eye-catching sophistication you’re looking for if done right!
Inspiration for using black in the kitchen
- Black countertops: Glossy and elegant, black countertops come in solid colors as well as with flecks of iridescence and grays. You can go for a similar granite look for less in high resolution granite like laminate. They add a bold touch to your home and pair well with white cabinetry, natural wood and stainless steel.
- Black cabinets: This can be achieved either by buying in black cabinets or simply repainting your own, as black easily covers other colors. If you have a lot of cabinetry, choose light colors for the rest of your space to create balance.
- Black accessories and extras: If you just want a touch of drama, black accessories are the perfect way to go. Black shades over lamps, black backsplashes or tiles, or even a black wall would look great. If you are looking at textiles, try choosing a glossy black option to reflect light, and if you are looking at matte options, those that include grays and flecks add texture and depth.
Balance is key to using black in the kitchen
Adding black to your kitchen is a balancing act that can go wrong if you overdo it, so it’s important to look at all your options and choose where your focal points will be. Also, lighting is very important in dark kitchens, especially natural lighting, so ensure that yours is properly planned and that you have sufficient light-reflecting surfaces (like light-colored cabinetry and ceilings) to keep the space warm and welcoming.
Laminate countertop edge options from top brands in the USA
At Kuehn Bevel, we work with all the major brands, from Formica, Pionite and Wilsonart to Corian and more, giving you access to the most extensive range of laminate patterns, textures and designs. With our technology and design process, we can offer a huge range of custom combinations and product styles, letting you have full control over how the finished product will look.
For more information about our granite like laminate edge options, Formica ideal edges or other laminate countertop edging options, speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers or visit our website at https://www.kuehnbevel.com/ today.
Kitchens aren’t just used for cooking and meal preparation – they’re multi-functional spaces that function as family gathering spaces, entertainment areas and general living areas. This can make it a challenge to come up with the perfect color scheme for your space. Here are some tips from the specialists in laminate kitchen countertop edges.
- Start off with a big selection: This step involves popping down to your local home depot and selecting every paint card that appeals to you. This is a great chance for experimenting with some creative, out-of-the-box thinking, so step out of your comfort zone and get colors that are bright, warm, neutral, cool and vibrant so that you can create different looks.
- Trends will only take you so far: Paint and color trends are a great guide, but you should always choose what makes you happy over what’s in fashion. Think of your best memories – do you love walking in the woods? Visiting the beach? The change of the leaves in the fall? Take a look at your colors and group them according to those that connect you with each memory. Remember, it’s not about re-creating the leaves or beach itself, but choosing colors that remind you of that feeling of peacefulness, relaxation or fun.
- Match against your furnishings: If you’ve already got your cabinet and countertop colors, now’s the right time to see how each inspiring palette looks with your furnishings and appliances. Different colors will bring out different aspects of your furnishings, and remember that you can cool down or warm up a tone in every color to change this, even with neutrals.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative: When it comes to color, kitchens are very forgiving spaces. This is because there are very limited spaces for color, so it doesn’t become overwhelming. If you’re considering more creative colors, one good tip is to focus on a single aspect of your space and keep the rest more neutral. For example, deep red walls look gorgeous with black laminate or granite like laminate countertops and white cabinetry.
New laminate countertops? We have the countertop edging options!
At Kuehn Bevel, we offer expertly manufactured kitchen countertop edge options and profiles to enhance and protect your investment. Whether you need beveled edge laminate countertop trim or a backsplash, we can offer you a design, edge profile and final product that adds style to your space without breaking your budget.
For more information about our products or speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us and visit our website at https://www.kuehnbevel.com/ .