Laminate countertops are more popular and more attractive than ever before, and while they are known as one of the best low-maintenance options, it’s still important that they are properly cared for in order to make them truly last. Here are some tips from the experts in countertop edge profiles.
- Use a soft, damp cloth for everyday cleaning. You can also use a mild household detergent or a dilution of white vinegar and water to remove any grease or spills. After using the detergent, be sure to wipe down the countertops with a clean cloth to remove any residue.
- Wipe up spills immediately. As with all materials, the longer a spill sits on a surface, the more likely it is to stain, so wipe up any spills as they happen with a clean, damp cloth.
- Use a baking soda paste to remove tougher stains. Mix a 3:1 ratio of baking soda to water to make the paste. Spread onto the stain, rubbing gently – no hard scrubbing as this may damage the surface. Let it sit for up to 5 minutes and remove.
- Cut directly onto your countertop. Most countertops will scratch and get damaged if they are used as a cutting board, and laminate is no exception. Rather, cut onto a proper cutting surface like a wooden, plastic or glass chopping board.
- Place hot items directly onto the countertop. Even though laminate is fairly heat resistant, hot pots and pans can scorch the laminate, causing it to discolor and warp. Instead, use a trivet or insulated hot pad.
- Use harsh cleaning products. Oven cleaner, chlorine bleach, tub and tile cleaners, and rust removers contain very strong chemicals that can damage and discolor your countertop.
Affordable, elegant countertop edging to make your investment last
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products for Formica, laminate, solid surface and wood countertops. Our products include beveled edge laminate countertop trim, Formica edges, solid surface edging and granite like laminate edges, amongst others. Our aim is to give our clients access to beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about our countertop edge profiles, please contact us today at https://www.kuehnbevel.com/ and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.
Solid surface countertops have been around for a surprisingly long time – more than 50 years, in fact – which makes them an established favorite in the industry rather than a trend that is likely to fade away. Here’s what has made this countertop option so popular in the remodeling industry, from our specialists in kitchen countertop and Corian edges.
- Non-porous: Natural stones like granite and marble are porous, which makes them a less-than-ideal kitchen or bathroom surface. This quality means that they easily soak up spilled liquids, which can result in stains and even bacterial growth.
- Homogenous: Due to the manufacturing process, which combines resins, pigments and minerals, the result is a material that is uniform in its look and composition, through-and-through. This doesn’t just make it stronger and more durable than stone, it also gives it a completely different aesthetic to natural stones that often have patterns and color variations throughout.
- Easy to repair: Like other countertop materials, whether they are wood, laminate or stone, solid surface countertops will scratch if you cut directly onto them with a knife. While using a proper cutting surface is recommended, any scratched can be buffed out quickly and easily using special sandpaper provided by the manufacturer.
- Seamless: Seams are a common issue with almost any type of countertop material, especially natural stones where different slabs need to be joined in order to fit your kitchen correctly. While specialists will try to match these seams up as well as possible, and put them in areas where they won’t really catch the eye, they are still going to be there. With solid surface, you have no such issue as seams are fused together to make them invisible to the eye, and to prevent them becoming a trap for dirt and bacteria.
- Flexibility: From color to edge profiles, your fabricator can deliver on whatever countertop design you want in your space thanks to solid surface’s composite manufacturing. This means that you aren’t limited to what you can find in nature, and that you can easily get matching backsplashes and other surface accessories to fit in with your countertops.
Customized countertop edging options for Corian solid surface
At Kuehn Bevel, we offer expertly manufactured kitchen countertop edge options and profiles to enhance and protect your investment. Whether you need laminate countertop edging options or Corian countertop edges, we can offer you a design, edge profile and final product that adds style to your space without breaking your budget.
For more information about our backsplash options, Kurv edging, laminate countertop edge profiles, Formica edges or speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us today at https://www.kuehnbevel.com/ .
Formica’s 180FX range is the talk of the town for anyone looking to remodel their kitchen – and it’s not difficult to see why.
- It looks great: Laminate countertops have long been considered an unfashionable kitchen countertop choice, especially now in a time where kitchens have become the focal point of your home. But these countertops have to be seen to be believed – most people can’t believe that they’re laminate at all! With designs taken directly from the most desirable natural stones and expertly rendered onto high quality materials, the result is a countertop that is just as attractive as the real thing.
- It’s easier to care for: While you do need to avoid placing hot pots and pans directly onto the laminate, or cutting onto the laminate with knives, the same can be said of almost any other kitchen countertop surface material, including granite and marble. Beyond that, laminate is incredibly easy to care for compared to other alternatives – simply wipe down with a gentle household cleaner. It’s water resistant, non-porous and highly durable – especially when combined with Formica countertop edges – making it the perfect surface for any kitchen workspace.
- It has variety on a budget: Kitchens are incredibly expensive to remodel, and when you are choosing natural stones you can be in for a big shock at the price variations. This is because there is limited supply of natural stones, and much of it has to be shipped in from other parts of the country. There’s no such price scare with this laminate however, as although the designs are taken from a huge range of natural stones, they are all manufactured in the same place. So, you can get Carrera marble without having to have yours flown in from Italy!
Complete your look with high-quality custom countertop edge options
At Kuehn Bevel, we work with Formica, Pionite and Wilsonart to Corian and other leading brands, giving you access to the most extensive range of laminate patterns, textures and designs for your countertop edges. With our technology and design process, we can offer a huge range of custom combinations and product styles, letting you have full control over how the finished product will look. We also offer custom designed laminate backsplashes for kitchens and bathrooms.
For more information about our Formica countertop edges or laminate countertop edging, or to speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us today at https://www.kuehnbevel.com/ .
Laminate countertops that look like granite are no longer the fashion faux pas they used to be, and that’s all thanks to significant advances in design and manufacturing technologies. Now, even the most discerning client can get the look of beautiful natural stone with all the advantages of laminate.
Top manufacturers like Formica, Wilsonart and others use real stone samples as inspiration for their designs, mimicking the real deal down to its very last detail. In fact, many people struggle to tell the difference between granite and laminate examples.
Economical and DIY-friendly, these countertops can also come with a range of expertly manufactured laminate countertop edging options to give them even more high-street appeal and added durability.
How does laminate compare to other granite alternatives?
When you are looking for natural stone countertops but don’t want the expense or difficulty of granite, there are other options out there that offer significant benefits over this stone product. While laminate is one of them, there are also solid surface and engineered composite surfaces to consider. So how do they measure up?
- Solid surface kitchen countertops: These are manufactured using a combination of stone dust, resins and pigments to create a seamless countertop that resembles stone. It has a uniform design, so you get none of the variation that you do in natural stone, but it is very strong. It’s more expensive than laminate, however, and needs to be installed by a professional.
- Engineered countertops: These are similar to solid surface countertops in that they both use a resin, but engineered countertops add natural granite into the mix to make the finished product look more like natural stone. Because the slabs are set, not cut out of stone, you get a seamless finish. Like solid surface, however, you should be prepared to pay a lot more for this than you would for laminate, and you will need a professional to come and install it.
Get the perfect finish to your granite look countertops with our edging options!
At Kuehn Bevel, we offer expertly manufactured kitchen countertop edge options and profiles to enhance and protect your investment. Whether you need laminate countertop edging options or Formica ideal edges, we can offer you a design, edge profile and final product that adds style to your space without breaking your budget.
For more information about our products or speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us today at https://www.kuehnbevel.com/ .