If you want a kitchen that looks and feels very modern, you need to make sure that every aspect fits in with your vision – including your countertop edges. Here are some helpful tips from the leaders in countertop edge profiles.
- Choose quality: Modern kitchens are all about minimalism, efficiency and practicality, so you need an edge option that will give you a look that lasts without wearing, chipping or peeling. For this, it’s best to go with independent laminate edge specialists rather than the standard offerings from your laminate manufacturer, as we have invested in the time, technology and expertise needed to develop a truly high quality product.
- Avoid the ‘brown line’: Standard laminate countertop edges often mean dealing with an unsightly brown line at the join between the countertop and the edge. This will stand out in a modern kitchen and distract from your overall aesthetic. Professionally manufactured edges will fit seamlessly against your countertop, removing that brown line permanently.
- Clean edges: Clean, simple lines are part of the foundation of a modern look, and this is no different in the kitchen. Single or double beveled edges and straight edges are the best profiles for these spaces, as they give a crisp and attractive accent to the room.
- Consistency: While we can customize our edging to suit any look, we’ve found that the best results for modern kitchens focus on consistency – using matching materials and designs on all countertops within the space. Fortunately, we work with all the big laminate countertop manufacturers, so we can match your countertops and edging perfectly, whatever you choose.
Custom countertop edges at an affordable price – and unbeatable quality
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products for Formica, laminate, solid surface and wood countertops. Our products include beveled edge laminate countertop edges, solid surface edging and Corian countertop edges, amongst others. Our aim is to give our clients access to beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about our countertop edge profiles, please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers at kuehnbeve.wpengine.com.
One of the best things about choosing laminate countertops for your home is the quick and easy – and inexpensive – installation process. Here’s how it works, from your specialists in laminate countertop edging.
- Step One: Measuring. This is the most important part of the process, as incorrectly measured countertops will be a disaster. Your contractor will come through to your home and take down the floor plan and dimensions of your cabinets, as well as measure for appliances, sinks and so forth.
- Step Two: Out with the old. On installation day, your countertops will arrive complete with your custom laminate edge, if you have chosen that option. Your old countertops will now be removed, which can be a messy job. Your cabinets will then be prepared for the new countertops by installing buildup strips to ensure a level, secure fit.
- Step Three: Scribing for the best fit. This is the method your installer will use to ensure you get the best fit between your countertops and the walls, especially in corners. This includes shaving down the countertop in places where the wall is uneven. While this may look like a messy job, it’s essential to getting great looking countertops and the smallest, neatest joins.
- Step Four: Attach the countertop. Now the installer can position and fix your countertops in place. This involves gluing and bolting the countertops down, and calking joints. At this point, your backsplash will also be fixed in place.
- Step Five: Sinks. Using the sink you want installed, your installer will trace and cut its shape out of the laminate using a jigsaw. They will then place the sink in and seal around the edges to ensure no water can get into the laminate.
Enhance your laminate countertops with affordable edging options
With over 20 years of experience, Kuehn Bevel are the people to see when you want exceptional quality edging options for your laminate countertops. With a wide range of decorative options to suit all the top laminate countertop brands, we’ll deliver a product that is expertly manufactured and designed to your specifications. From beveled edge laminate countertops to Formica edges and Corian countertop edges, we can deliver it all.
Please contact us today for more information on our countertop edge options at kuehnbeve.wpengine.com.
Granite like laminate is the perfect option for anyone looking for a high-end look for their kitchen or bathroom without having to break the budget. These are the top picks for the some of the most attractive choices out there, from the specialists in countertop edge options.
- Blackstone Granite: This is a Formica laminate that offers a textured look in black with grey and lighter flecks that give it depth and drama. It’s a classic stone that looks great with almost any style space.
- Brazilian Brown Granite: Another Formica laminate countertop option, this offers a warmer look with equal mix of flecks of greys, brown and white.
- Bahia Granite: This is a great option from Wilsonart that gives your space a deep, dramatic look with a true black color warmed up with smaller flecks of golden browns.
- Santo Azul: Also from Wilsonart, this is a great option if you are looking to enhance blues and grays in your space. It’s an unusual and elegant granite look that is softened by flecks of golden brown.
- Blue Storm: If you want an intense and modern look for your countertops, this is the option for you. With dramatic swirls of golden creams and brown in a deep grey background, this stone look is one in a million.
- Blue Flower Granite: This Formica granite look is great for neutral, elegant spaces that need a touch of color without overwhelming the room. This soft, creamy color is enhanced with blue-gray crystals for a unique and high-end look.
- River Gold: Another offering from Formica, this creamy, golden granite laminate looks rich and luxurious whether it’s in a kitchen, bathroom or office space. Its neutral look makes for high-end appeal and that essential touch of glamour.
Custom countertop edge options for additional durability and style
At Kuehn Bevel, we work with Formica, Pionite and Wilsonart to Corian and other leading brands, giving you access to the most extensive range of laminate patterns, textures and designs for your countertop edges. With our technology and design process, we can offer a huge range of custom combinations and product styles, letting you have full control over how the finished product will look. We also offer custom designed laminate backsplashes for kitchens and bathrooms.
For more information about our countertop edging, edges for granite like laminate or Formica ideal edges, or to speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us today at kuehnbeve.wpengine.com.
For many interior designers and homeowners, marble is the ultimate kitchen countertop. But there are downsides to living with this classic, elegant stone. While the price is exorbitant, the practical use of this stone for such a high-use area of your kitchen is even more of a problem. This stone very porous, so it soaks up liquids like wine, oil and other spills quickly – leaving stains that are difficult or even impossible to remove. It can also scratch easily, and edges have been commonly known to chip or even break off entirely. However, laminate countertops may offer you the best alternative to real marble – find out why from the experts in kitchen countertop edges.
- Innovative design technology: The ability to accurately render the unique look of marble in full, realistic definition has been developed by leading manufacturers, which makes it a great alternative to the real thing. If you have your doubts as to how it measures up, check out the showrooms of laminate countertop manufacturers and see for yourself how amazing they look.
- Affordability: Laminate and marble are at opposite ends of the scale as far as cost is concerned. While marble can set you back as much as $250 per square foot, the most expensive laminates are available for around $30 per square foot. The installation costs are also significantly lower, making laminate a great choice for anyone who wants to free up money in their budget for other areas of the kitchen while still getting that luxurious marble look.
- Durability: Their ability to last through the decades is one of the most striking features of these countertops. They are easy to maintain with mild household cleaners, are non-porous for hygiene and stain resistance, are heat resistant and (while you should not cut directly onto the laminate) are impressively scratch resistant.
Customize your kitchen with the perfect finishing touch – our kitchen countertop edges
At Kuehn Bevel, we offer expertly manufacture laminate countertop edging options and profiles to enhance and protect your investment. Whether you need laminate countertop edging options or Formica edges, we can offer you a design, edge profile and final product that adds style to your space without breaking your budget.
For more information about our backsplash options, laminate countertop edge profiles or speak to the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us today at kuehnbeve.wpengine.com.