Consumers are increasingly turning to eco-friendly products, and home remodeling is no exception. Homeowners want countertops that are not only functional and aesthetically pleasing, but are earth-friendly too. Fortunately, laminate countertops fall into this range, making eco-friendly choices affordable as well as beautiful – but what makes them such a green choice? Find out from the specialists in countertop edge profiles at Kuehn Bevel.
- Puts your health first: All laminate countertops are made with a backing to provide strength and durability, but what makes them eco-friendly is that this backing has no added formaldehyde or urea, or that this backing is sealed with a zero-VOC, water-based sealant.
- Recycled: Countertops made of recycled materials are very earth-friendly, so look out for laminates made of recycled plastic. Some of the top brands known for their use of recycled plastic include Wisonart, Formica and Poinite.
- Locally made: Importing countertops or bringing them in from the other side of the country increases their carbon footprint, so look for countertop and edging manufacturers inside the U.S. that can supply you locally through an established network.
- Eco-friendly manufacturers: Make sure that the manufacturer of your countertop is committed to good environmental practices throughout their organization, like carbon emission reduction, using recycled materials in their products and holding FSC, LEED and Greenguard certifications.
Affordable, high quality and eco-friendly laminate countertop edge profiles
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products including beveled edge laminate countertop trim and edging for granite like laminate. We work with all eco-friendly laminate brands and our aim is to give our clients access to a huge range of beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about countertop edge profiles and Formica countertop edging options, please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.
The winter months are the perfect time to start planning your outdoor home renovations – and, if you live in a milder climate, get to work on them! Outdoor kitchens are a huge trend in home remodeling, especially for families that love entertaining. Here are some tips for planning your own outdoor kitchen, from the experts in manufacturing laminate countertop edges.
- Pick a good location: Ideally, you want somewhere where the smoke from your grill won’t drift into your home, where it’s fairly close to your kitchen, and where there’s a nice view but doesn’t block your home’s outlook. If you have a pool, you might want it to one side or within viewing distance, to make it easier to socialize and watch the kids.
- Appliances and storage: In addition to the grill, most people want a refrigerator, plenty of storage and even other cooking appliances like pizza ovens. Knowing how many appliances you want and their size will help determine how big your outdoor kitchen needs to be. Be sure to choose appliance that are specifically for outdoor use, as these will be watertight and better able to handle temperature fluctuations.
- Choose the right countertops and edging: If your outdoor kitchen is under a covered area, laminate is a great choice for your countertops. Easy to install, affordable, hygienic and hardwearing, it will be able to stand up to the elements as long as it is kept out of the rain. Adding custom edging not only gives it a unique look, it also further increases it’s durability.
- Add some ambience: Outdoor kitchens are about entertaining and enjoying nature, so be sure to incorporate this through open seating areas, lighting, natural touches and outdoor decor.
Expertly crafted, affordable laminate countertop edging options
With over 20 years of experience, Kuehn Bevel are the people to see when you want exceptional quality edging options for your laminate countertops. With a wide range of decorative options to suit all the top laminate countertop brands, we’ll deliver a product that is expertly manufactured and designed to your specifications. From beveled edge laminate countertops to Formica and Corian countertop edges, we can deliver it all.
Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information on our countertop edge options.
While laminate countertop manufacturers offer a high quality and beautiful addition to your home’s bathroom or kitchen, it’s essential that you invest in quality edging to get the most out of your remodel. Here are some tips for choosing the right laminate countertop edge options.
- Know your design style: Take a look at your kitchen remodel as a whole. Is it country? Very modern? Are you going for practicality or a specific design style? Your answer will help you narrow down your edging choices. While a solid surface edge will go well in a kitchen where practicality is king, a beveled edge will be a better choice to compliment a classic, granite-like laminate countertop.
- Contrast or compliment: Leading edging manufacturers like Kuehn Bevel work with all the top brands in laminate countertop production, and are able to offer edging in a huge range of styles that perfectly matches your countertops. However, you may want a contrasting look, either in a different material like wood or solid surface, or in a contrasting laminate pattern, which we can also assist you with.
- Quality: When choosing edging, find out a bit more about the manufacturer. The brands they’ve worked with, how long they’ve been in business, their range and the location of suppliers in your area are all good pointers for choosing a high quality product that will look perfect and add value to your home.
- Added value: Ask your supplier about creating and installing other essential elements like backsplashes, window and wall trim. This means dealing with fewer contractors, getting the same high quality and completing your remodel with the ideal functional finishing touches.
Affordable, stylish countertop edging options
At Kuehn Bevel, we manufacture our edging profiles in line with the top laminate manufacturing brands, making us the ideal source for high quality, custom made Formica, Wilsonart, Pionite and Corian countertop edges.
Our aim is to give our clients access to a huge range of beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag. In addition to our wide range of countertop edge options that include popular granite like laminate options, we also offer backsplashes and wall trim.
For installers looking to join the Kuehn Bevel family contact us today.
If you want to add a truly luxurious feature to your kitchen remodel, you’re probably going to look into buying marble countertops. These are often thought of as the epitome of elegance and style in the home – but it might surprise you to find out that laminate countertops complete with high quality edging, can give marble a run for its money.
Here are the top reasons why, from the leading manufacturers of kitchen countertop edges.
- Cost: It will come as no surprise that marble is the costlier option. In fact, it can cost $250 per square foot or more! Laminate will only set you back around $40 per square foot or less for a very similar look. Laminate is also less expensive to install and doesn’t require a foundation of strengthened or reinforced cupboards because it is very light in weight.
- Cleanliness: It might surprise you, but laminate is incredibly hygienic compared to marble – something of great importance when preparing food. Marble is a natural stone that is porous if not professionally sealed on a regular basis, making it vulnerable to collecting bacteria and staining. Marble tiles are even more of a concern, as the grouting between tiles is a dirt trap that can collect even the tiniest amounts of bacteria. All laminate requires, however, is a quick wipe down with a soft cloth and a mild kitchen cleaner.
- Design factor: The best pieces of marble have a more consistent patterning and color variation, but these are in high demand – and expensive as a result. Thanks to ground-breaking design technology, laminate countertop manufacturers can expertly reproduce the look of this high-end product without breaking your budget. It’s almost indistinguishable from the real thing!
Finish your countertop off with high quality, custom laminate countertop edging options
At Kuehn Bevel, we specialize in manufacturing high quality kitchen countertop edges, including beveled edge laminate countertop trim, that deliver the perfect finishing touches to your design. Expertly manufactured to your specifications using a wide range of edging options and laminate products, we deliver a result that enhances your design, protects your countertops and looks great.
From the ideal Formica edges and faux granite countertop trim to backsplashes and wood profiles, we do it all. Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information.