Tile and laminate countertops are two very popular, affordable and fashionable products that home renovators love – but how do they measure up against one another? Here’s some insight from experts in Formica countertop edging:
- Variety: A visit to a store will tell you that there are hundreds of options available to you in terms of different tiles, from porcelain and natural stone tiles to granite tiles – all in a huge range of color. Unfortunately, not all of these tiles can be used on your countertop, as they are often porous and easily stained, chipped or cracked. Laminate, however, also offers you a huge range of styles, from every color of the rainbow to designs that look almost exactly like high end stone, marble and even wood – you’ll struggle to tell them apart! All of these will be perfectly suited to even the busiest kitchens.
- Maintenance: Tiles may sound easy to maintain, but the reality is different. Dust, liquids and other debris gather easily in the grouting and can quickly become stained – or worse – a breeding ground for bacteria. Laminate is almost completely seamless, ensuring that it stays perfectly hygienic as long as it is regularly wiped down with a mild household cleaner.
- General use: Even when they are expertly laid, tiles can be an uneven surface for use in the kitchen. Tiles can also crack easily if they come into contact with heat, or a utensil is accidentally dropped on them. Laminate is one of the most durable materials with regards to general kitchen use – it can withstand a decent amount of heat and, unless you apply a knife directly to its surface, won’t get cut, cracked or chipped easily. Its durability is what keeps it looking great for years or even decades to come!
- Installation: This is important because the amount of labor needed will directly affect the cost of your countertops. Tile is more time-consuming to install and you’ll need to hire a specialist to ensure that you get a good job. These counters are heavy, so your cupboards need to be able to withstand this increased weight load. Laminate countertops are very quick to install – and can even be done yourself if you’re experienced at DIY. They will arrive in pieces that have been custom cut to fit your space, be fitted in and glued in place – so you’re ready to enjoy your new space as soon as possible.
Formica countertop edging that adds protection, durability and style
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products including beveled edge laminate countertop trim and edging for granite like laminate. Our aim is to give our clients access to a huge range of beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about countertop edge profiles and Formica countertop edging options, please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.
Laminate countertops are a modern, man-made product that offers an affordable, attractive and high-quality alternative to granite, marble, wood and other natural materials. Here’s some insight into how these countertops are made, from expert manufacturers of laminate countertop edges.
- Substrate: This is the most important structural component of these countertops. It forms the base of the countertop, and while the materials used will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, it usually consists of plywood, medium density fiberboard (MDF) or particleboard. Special industrial-grade particleboard is the most popular option, as it offers the best combination of strength, durability and water resistance, and laminate adheres well to its surface.
- Laminate: The laminate element of laminate countertops consists of the outermost layer of the countertop. This is made from a type of high quality type of plastic that is designed and manufactured to deliver an exceptional look and feel. Thanks to new technology, laminate can now resemble a wide range of wood, stone, granite and marble surfaces almost exactly, in addition to providing ranges that have a trendy, more colorful look. This laminate is glued onto the substrate to create a smooth, durable surface that is easy to maintain, water resistant and an attractive addition to any home.
- Edging: Laminate countertop edges come standard from most manufacturers, and consist of a layer of laminate glued to the exposed edges of the countertops once they have been cut to size. However, these edges are limited both in their style and quality. To make the most of your investment, it’s better to install custom designed edging from a leading manufacturer like Kuehn Bevel. Not only does this enhance the style of your countertops through introducing different shaped edges and even new materials like solid surface and wood, it also increases the durability of your countertops, as they are manufactured to exceptionally high standards in order to provide better protection.
Enhance your laminate countertops with affordable, custom edges
With over 20 years of experience, Kuehn Bevel are the people to see when you want exceptional quality edging options for your laminate countertops. With a wide range of decorative options to suit all the top laminate countertop brands, we’ll deliver a product that is expertly manufactured and designed to your specifications. From beveled edge laminate countertops to Formica and Corian countertop edges, we can deliver it all.
Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information on our countertop edge options.
Kitchen remodels focus on large-scale items, like new appliances, new countertops and knocking out unnecessary walls. While these are important parts of the project, it’s the finishing touches that really pull your remodel together and make the space truly functional and enjoyable to use. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Lighting: Because kitchens are multifunctional spaces, they tend to have unique lightning needs. Be sure to consider different types of lighting options for under cabinets, over cabinets, inside glass cabinets, above the kitchen sink and over the bar or island units.
- Faucets: Your kitchen faucets are a small item but you’ll likely use it multiple times a day – and it’s on display above the sink, which is an important focal point. Be sure to spend some time finding the perfect faucet that combines function and style to add a practical and eye-catching piece to your kitchen.
- Artwork: It might sound surprising to add artwork to your kitchen space, but it really helps the space come alive and feel uniquely yours. Whether paintings, prints or photographs, these will give your room a personal touch. Pottery pieces, a unique wall clock or a beautiful and artistic vase are also great ideas.
- Soft goods: A kitchen isn’t thought of as a natural space for soft goods, but a small rug, color coordinated wash towels or a decorative material runner can all add warmth and softness to an otherwise cold space.
- Laminate countertop edging: Laminate countertops are a popular and affordable choice for the kitchen, but the standard edging they come with often isn’t as attractive or as durable as it should be. By choosing your own custom-made countertop edge options, you can add a touch of elegance and creativity to your space as well as properly protecting your new countertops.
Custom made, high quality countertop edge options for your kitchen
At Kuehn Bevel, we manufacture our edging profiles in line with the top laminate manufacturing brands, making us the ideal source for high quality, custom made Formica, Wilsonart, Pionite and Corian countertop edges.
Our aim is to give our clients access to a huge range of beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag. In addition to our wide range of countertop edge options that include popular granite like laminate options, we also offer backsplashes and wall trim.
For installers looking to join the Kuehn Bevel family, click here or contact us today.
If you love interior design or are thinking of remodeling your kitchen, you’re sure to have heard about laminate countertops! Hardwearing, affordable and easy to maintain, these attractive countertops are more popular than ever before. Here are some of the best looking options you’ll find from leading manufacturers, along with the most elegant kitchen countertop edges.
- Natural wood: If you love the natural wood look, then you’ll love laminate. With an extensive range that is designed and manufactured to look almost indistinguishable from the real thing, wood-like laminate countertops are more affordable and more hard-wearing. From cherry and ash to oak, beech and many more, you can pick the perfect look for your home. Pair it with a matching high-quality beveled or custom shaped edge for a seamless look.
- Granite: Everyone’s favorite natural stone countertop option may be a popular choice, but it’s often very expensive and can be porous, making it difficult to clean. Fortunately, there is a high quality alternative in the form of granite-like laminate. Available in a wide selection of colors and modeled to accurately mimic the unique characteristics of this beautiful stone, your countertops will look just like the real thing! You can pair it with matching custom made countertop edging or use solid surface or wood edging for an interesting contrast.
- Marble: A luxury stone, this is an elegant touch that you can find in only the most high-end homes. Unfortunately, stone can crack and stain in addition to being a strain on your budget, but you can get the same high–end look at the fraction of the price with laminate countertops. Pair it with a strong and durable edging option to ensure it stays looking it’s best for years to come.
- Pop of color: Bringing color into your kitchen in a unique way is easy with laminate countertops. Available in a wide range of solid colors, it allows you to bring your space to life without breaking your budget. Matching edging can be custom made for your space to add your own personal finishing touch.
- Engineered stone: With all the beauty of natural stone and the attractiveness of even color and texture, engineered stone is a big trend with a big price tag. With the expertise of top designers, laminate manufacturers have created an affordable range of countertops that are just like the real thing! Pair it with a matching, custom made edge to keep it looking elegant for many years to come.
Find your perfect match – at the perfect price – with our kitchen countertop edges
At Kuehn Bevel, we specialize in manufacturing high quality kitchen countertop edges, including beveled edge laminate countertop trim, that deliver the perfect finishing touches to your design. Expertly manufactured to your specifications using a wide range of edging options and laminate products, we deliver a result that enhances your design, protects your countertops and looks great.
From the ideal Formica edges and faux granite countertop trim to backsplashes and wood profiles, we do it all. Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information.