These days, we’re all looking for ways to make our lives greener, from sourcing our food from local, organic farms to investing in high-efficiency appliances that use less energy. Remodeling our homes and businesses is no exception – and with such a huge range of materials and options out there, it can be difficult to narrow your choices down to the most eco-friendly selections. So, where do laminate countertops fit in? Read these insights from the experts in countertop edge profiles:
- They’re durable: One of the factors that make the biggest impact on how green a product is, is how long it lasts. The longer it can fulfil its function, the more green it is. Laminate countertops are exceptionally durable and hardwearing – which is why most of us have seen old laminate countertops still functioning in homes from the 50s!
- They are fairly low energy to manufacture: Although the manufacturing process for laminate countertops is quite intensive, it is much less than that used to manufacture marble, granite or even composite kitchen countertops, making it a more eco-friendly option.
- They are manufactured in the USA: Unlike marble, granite and some woods that have to be shipped in from around the world, laminate countertops are made right here in the USA. With minimal shipping, they are at your door and ready for installation.
- They are easy to install: Due to the nature of laminate countertops and their manufacturing process, they are quick and easy to install – even though they do require the use of adhesives. By choosing an eco-friendly adhesive, you can have your countertops fitted and installed in no time at all, reducing the energy imprint of your remodel.
- There are green laminates: If you want to get the most out of going green, you can choose a laminate made by Wilsonart or Formica that is Greenguard certified. These are made from low-VOC emitting materials and use formaldehyde-free paper and low or non-toxic glues.
Increase the durability and performance of your countertops with laminate countertop edging
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products including beveled edge laminate countertop trim and edging for granite like laminate. Our aim is to give our clients access to a huge range of beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about countertop edge profiles, please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.
If you’re looking for the best range of quality kitchen countertop edges, your best bet is to visit an installer listed with Kuehn Bevel. Not only do they offer the widest selection of quality choices, they also offer them at an affordable price – boosting the performance and durability of your countertops to match and even exceed more expensive materials like granite, marble and solid wood. Here are some more reasons why you should visit installers partnered with Kuehn Bevel:
- We work with the top brands in laminate countertop manufacturing: Our strong industry network means that you can choose materials and designs from Nevamar, Micarta, Wilsonart, Formica and Pionite.
- We use advanced manufacturing technology: We have invested in state-of-the-art manufacturing technology and skills in order to deliver a product that is far superior to standard laminate edging in terms of quality, durability and style.
- Any color, any design and any look you can imagine: Due to the versatility of our manufacturing processes and strong network of industry suppliers, we can create edging options that are completely customized to your design specifications. From beveled laminate edging to Kurv, solid surface, wood and Corian countertop edges in a huge range of varieties and styles, you’ll be able to get the exact look you’re after for your home or business.
- Extend your design with decorative additions: In addition to laminate countertop edging, we also offer stylish edging options for backsplashes and wall trim to bring your look together.
- High-end look without the price tag: Custom designer looks using top-of-the-line design technology usually come with a price tag to match – but this isn’t the case with Kuehn Bevel. We pride ourselves on the affordability of our products, allowing you to get the kitchen of your dreams without breaking your budget.
Choose Kuehn Bevel for your kitchen countertop edges
With over 20 years of experience, Kuehn Bevel are the people to see when you want exceptional quality edging options for your laminate countertops. With a wide range of decorative options to suit all the top laminate countertop brands, we’ll deliver a product that is expertly manufactured and designed to your specifications. From beveled edge laminate countertops to solid surface and wood edging, we can deliver it all.
Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information on our countertop edge options.
Keeping your kitchen and bathroom clean, hygienic and looking great for years to come means using the right products and techniques. This is true for whatever materials you’ve used in your space, including Formica countertops and Formica countertop edges. Here’s a guide to keeping this popular and stylish countertop looking stylish and sparkling clean.
- Every day cleaning: Simply take a clean, non-abrasive cloth or sponge and wipe down your countertop with a mild liquid detergent/household cleaner. Rinse with clean water. Don’t let water pool or sit on the surface, especially by the joins and seams.
- High gloss laminate: Even mild detergents can leave a residue on the countertop. Restore your glossy look by wiping the countertop and edges down with a mild glass cleaner.
- Sculpted and textured laminate: These laminate countertops have indents and patterns in them that may trap debris. Use a soft, nylon hand brush and gently clean the area using some mild detergent and a rotating motion.
- Avoid abrasive and chemical cleaning solutions: Hard bristle brushes, scouring powders and detergents containing acid, alkali or sodium hypochlorite (like bleach, lime scale removers, oven cleaners and ceramic cooktop cleaners) will leave lasting damage on the surface of your countertops. Scratches, wear, corrosion and discoloration can leave your countertop aesthetically damaged as well as compromise its hygienic features. Always remember, gentle is best for laminate! If you’re unsure that your cleaning products are safe to use on your laminate, you can use a mixture of ¼ white vinegar to water for everyday cleaning.
Get the perfect finishing touch to your countertops with modern decorative edges
At Kuehn Bevel, we have a reputation for quality and manufacturing excellence that has made us the leading manufacturer of laminate countertop edging options. Working with all the biggest brands, from Formica, Pionite and Wilsonart to Corian and more, we offer the widest range of durable countertop edges on the market.
Manufactured to the highest quality, our edging profile options are suited to any kitchen style and include bevel edges, Kurve edges, solid surface edges and wood. Whether you are looking for the ideal edges for Formica countertops or want to add a creative and decorative touch to your space, our suppliers can assist you.
Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information on our laminate countertop edging.
High quality laminate countertops are making a big come-back – not only because of their durability and affordability, but also because they can compete in the looks department even when they’re up against expensive, imported materials! From granite like laminate to laminate countertops patterned to look like Carrera marble, home and business owners are seeing the true charm of exceptional kitchen and bathroom countertops at a fraction of the price. If you’re into DIY, you can save even further by installing them yourself after they arrive from the manufacturer!
- Use a 4-foot level to spot any cabinet level issues. Place shims between the countertop and cabinet if there is a slight unevenness, and between the cabinet and the floor if it is more pronounced.
- Using sawhorses for support, place your countertop sections upside down with the angled ends facing each other. Be sure to protect the other side of the countertop with old blankets or cloth.
- Once supported, apply adhesive caulk to the angled ends and join the sections together. Using I-bolts placed into the notches along the mitered edges and a framing square against the outer edge of the countertop, tighten the join. Wipe away any excess caulk that seeps through.
- Turn the countertop right side up and move it into position above the cabinets, pressing tightly against the wall. If the sink area has not been precut, trace your template of your sink onto the laminate. Move the countertop back to the work area and cut out the tracing using a jigsaw, keeping the countertop well supported.
- Place your countertop back on top of the cabinets, placing shims on top of the corner braces inside the cabinets if required.
- Drill pilot holes through the cabinet corner braces into the bottom of the countertop to two-thirds of the countertop thickness. Connect the countertop to the cabinets using 1 1/4 –inch wood screws.
- If you are also attaching a laminate backsplash, apply adhesive caulking along the wall above the countertop as well as along the back edge of the countertop. Firmly push the backsplash onto the wall and countertop, wiping away any excess caulking.
- Apply a bead of clear silicon caulk along the joint between the backsplash and the wall as well as the bottom of the backsplash and the countertop.
Protective, stylish laminate countertop edging options
At Kuehn Bevel, we specialize in manufacturing high quality laminate countertop edging options that deliver the perfect finishing touches to your design. Expertly manufactured to your specifications using a wide range of edging options and laminate products, we deliver a result that enhances your design, protects your countertops and looks great.
From the ideal Formica edges and granite like laminate to backsplashes and wood profiles, we do it all. Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information.