Remodeling your bathroom? This is an exciting and challenging project that is all about balancing practicality with style! So, are laminate countertops up to the challenges of such a busy, wet space? Read this advice from Kuehn Bevel, the leaders in Formica and laminate countertop edging.
- Water resistant: This is very important in a bathroom, especially in one that is used on a daily basis. It’s easy for some countertops, like wood, to absorb excess moisture and become warped. Laminate countertops are water resistant and can handle steam and splashes just fine.
- Hygienic: Bathrooms can easily become home to mold, mildew and bacteria, but with laminate’s anti-bacterial properties, your bathroom will be more hygienic than ever. Simply clean on a regular basis using household cleaner and a soft cloth, and your bathroom countertops will stay clean and safe for the whole family.
- Affordable: If you are looking for something budget-friendly, laminate is the best choice by far. It’s a high value-for-money option that is affordable to buy and easy to install – you can even go the DIY route and save a little extra on the labor.
- Durable: Laminate countertops are incredibly durable – that’s why you still see 20-year-old countertops is older homes that look brand new! Laminate technology is more advanced than ever before, making it even more durable – and the ideal choice for families and investors who want a bathroom that truly lasts. Laminate countertop edges are key to this durability, protecting your countertops from moisture, knocks and damage that would harm it. Whether you are looking for Formica edges, beveled edging or other edging options, there are a wide range of materials and designs offered by Kuehn Bevel that are ready to be manufactured to your specifications – adding a quality finish to your design.
- Stylish: Laminate isn’t just more durable than ever before, it’s more attractive too. Gone are the old, dated looks of ‘traditional’ laminate, replaced by sleek, stylish options in every color, texture and aesthetic you can imagine. From chic, modern surfaces to natural wood and stone grains that are almost indistinguishable from the real thing, laminate is more versatile and attractive than ever before.
Custom designed laminate countertop edges for your bathroom
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products for laminate, solid surface and wood countertops. Our aim is to give our clients access to beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about laminate countertop edging options, please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.
Laminate kitchen countertops are one of the most low-maintenance options on the market, but they still need a little care to ensure that they stay hygienic, clean and looking their best. Read these tips from Kuehn Bevel, the leaders in laminate edging options:
- Wipe down with household cleaner and warm water: Laminate countertops are bacteria resistant, so they just need a gentle scrub to keep them clean. Use ordinary household cleaner and a soft cloth, and be sure to clean any seams carefully as contaminants may get trapped there. Be sure to wipe off all traces of the cleaning product, as these can be abrasive and cause damage to any countertop surface. Chemicals such as bleach can discolor the surface as well as damage the countertop finish over time.
- Treat stains with baking soda paste: Laminate is stain resistant but no countertop is truly stain proof. While it’s best to wipe up any spills that may stain the countertop as quickly as possible, accidents do happen over time – especially in a busy kitchen! Fortunately, it is a fairly simple process to lift stains off these countertops. Simply mix a 3:1 ratio of baking soda to water, spread the paste over the stain and leave for 3-5 minutes before wiping away.
- Preventing heat and scorch marks: Although laminate is heat resistant, very hot temperatures and prolonged exposure to high temperatures will cause damage over time. While this damage is permanent in most cases, it is easily preventable. Always use a trivet or an insulated pad in between a hot pot or pan and your countertop if the temperature exceeded 275 degrees Fahrenheit. While laminate can handle accidental exposure to high temperatures for a short duration, a good rule to follow is that if something is too hot for your hands, it’s too hot for your counter.
- Scratches and cuts: Laminate can handle a lot of wear and tear and people often cut directly onto laminate counters. While this can happen without damaging the work surface, it isn’t recommended. A sharp knife can easily damage the finish of the countertop and even cut into the top layer of the laminate, leaving grooves that look unsightly and trap bacteria, so it’s best to use a cutting board instead.
Get the perfect finishing touch with our laminate countertop edging options
With over 30 years of experience, Kuehn Bevel are the people to see when you want exceptional quality edging options for your laminate countertops. With a wide range of decorative options to suit all the top laminate countertop brands, we’ll deliver a product that is expertly manufactured and designed to your specifications. From beveled edge laminate countertops to solid surface and wood edging, we can deliver it all.
Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information.
Let’s face it – even when you are investing in the highest quality laminate countertops for your kitchen or bathroom, the countertop edge options from the manufacturer can leave you feeling less than inspired. Whether you’re choosing to invest in other edging options to enhance the durability of your countertops or to give them that stylish finishing touch, here are some simple questions to ask to help find the right supplier.
- How long have they been in business? Like any business, the quality of their work is integral to their reputation. If the business has only been around a short amount of time, you might not be assured of getting the results you’re looking for. If you will find plenty of information – from their galleries of past work to testimonials from past clients – that will guarantee your satisfaction with the end result.
- Do they have locations in your area? Finding a great company online is perfect until you realize that they simply can’t get their product to your area. Instead, look for a manufacturer that has a strong national network of suppliers. This will mean that you can see their product firsthand, have it supplied and delivered affordably. The company can also recommend a local installer with direct product experience to assist you.
- Do they offer you a wide range of options? Laminate is a very versatile material that can be manufactured into a variety of styles. Whether you are looking for edges that match your granite-like countertops, incorporate a contrasting material like solid wood or incorporate an interesting profile, your supplier should be able to guarantee you a wide range of laminate countertop edging options.
- What is their manufacturing process? The manufacturing process is key to the quality of your countertop edges. Most laminate countertop manufacturers do not invest as much in the edging process, which is why they often lack the quality and styles you are looking for. With the right manufacturing process, you will get an edging product that is highly durable and styled to your specifications to enhance your aesthetic and protect your countertops properly.
America’s leaders in expertly manufactured countertop edge options
At Kuehn Bevel, we have a reputation for quality and manufacturing excellence that has made us the leading manufacturer of laminate countertop edging options. Working with all the biggest brands, from Formica, Pionite and Wilsonart to Corian and more, we offer the widest range of durable countertop edges on the market.
Manufactured to the highest quality, our edging profile options are suited to any kitchen style and include bevel edges, Kurve edges, solid surface edges and wood. Whether you are looking for the ideal edges for Formica countertops or want to add a creative and decorative touch to your space, our suppliers can assist you.
Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information.
A good installer will take on any kitchen project and complete it to the best of their ability, but there are still some projects that really stand out as satisfying work – and installing laminate or Formica countertops with high-quality countertop edges is definitely one of them! Here’s why:
- It’s quick and easy to install: While other countertops can be fairly challenging to install, whether due to their weight or the material they are made of, laminate countertops are a fairly straightforward job. This means that there is very little that can go wrong and, in the hands of an installation specialist, your kitchen countertops will be installed, finished and ready for use in the shortest possible time.
- It can be precisely cut to your specifications: Unlike stone that has to be cut, shaped and resized to fit your space and appliances, laminate is manufactured from start to finish. This means that with accurate measurements, your countertops can be ordered exactly to fit rather than requiring additional onsite work. This also means that it’s easier for installers to fit sinks and other workspace appliances and fittings well in advance.
- Installation is budget-friendly: With a quick and easy installation comes another benefit for homeowners – saving money! This is great for installers too, as they can offer clients more competitive rates, get more jobs done more quickly, and lower their labor costs, all without compromising on the quality of their work.
- The job is going to be done right: The best countertop installation specialists take pride in their work and want to know that their countertops are going to work perfectly in such a demanding part of the home. High quality laminate – complete with durable edging options – is highly stain resistant, heat resistant, scratch resistant, hard-wearing and looks great.
- Homeowner satisfaction: Kitchen installation specialists put their company on the line with each and every job they do, so customer satisfaction is a priority – every time. Seeing a completed kitchen with high-quality laminate countertops and stylish edging profiles that have been installed correctly and finished professionally means happy homeowners and a boost for their company brand.
High-quality laminate countertop edges deliver a cutting-edge look
Laminate countertops have come a long way and are now recognized as one of the most stylish and affordable options for home and business owners. At Kuehn Bevel, we specialize in manufacturing high quality laminate countertop edges that deliver the perfect finishing touches to your design. Expertly manufactured to your specifications using a wide range of edging options and laminate products, we deliver a result that enhances your design, protects your countertops, and looks great.
From Formica edges to backsplashes and wood profiles, we do it all. Please contact us today and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers for more information.