Kitchen remodels are not only one of the most popular home improvement projects, they’re also one of the most expensive. So how do you balance the cost of this renovation with the enjoyment you’ll get from the result? Here are some tips to help you save:
- Don’t move your plumbing or gas lines: Unless it’s absolutely necessary, try to keep your appliances and sinks in the same spots. Moving them around means moving you gas lines and plumbing, which means plenty of labor that can escalate your costs significantly and extend your project by weeks.
- Keep your cabinets: Cabinetry is one of the biggest expenses in a kitchen remodel, so if you can make your current cabinets work with your new design, try and keep them. Old cabinets can be quickly and affordably updated with a coat of paint and new handles with incredible results.
- Choose laminate countertops: Laminates have come a long way in recent years and now offer you the chance to install stylish, durable kitchen countertops for a fraction of the price of high-end options. They come in a huge range of designs, from modern, minimalist options to marble, wood and granite lookalikes that are almost indistinguishable from the real thing. You can further enhance their look and durability with high-quality countertop edging options that include beveled edges, solid wood edges and hybrid edges in a range of styles. What’s more, they’re easy to clean and maintain.
- Don’t forget your lights: Great kitchen lighting is essential for a functional space and it’s easy to find an affordable option that delivers an instant update. Exchanging your old, fluorescent lights with track lighting is a quick and easy job that brings functional and stylish results.
- Think salvage: Retro and vintage décor has never been more popular, so why not incorporate it into your kitchen renovation? You can find high-quality used items online, in stores and even on Craigslist, including cabinets, sinks, appliances, furniture and backsplashes.
Affordable laminate kitchen countertop edging that elevates your kitchen design
At Kuehn Bevel, we’re leading the way in the design and manufacture of high-quality countertop edging. Ideal for laminate kitchen countertops, our edging options are available in a wide range of materials, colors, patterns and styles, including solid wood, laminate and hybrid materials.
If you are looking to remodel your kitchen affordably, we can help you do it. Our edging options are cost-effective and designed to enhance your design as well as add extra protection and durability to your new laminate countertops.