A backsplash isn’t just a very functional feature of a kitchen, it’s also used to create a focal point by adding style and character to the space. Here’s some insight into some of the top material choices for this important feature.
- Subway tiles: These rectangular tiles have soared in popularity in recent years, giving a touch of elegant urban edge to any kitchen. Available in a variety of colors, it’s a robust choice that’s easy to clean and will last a long time. The only downside to this option is that the labor cost can be higher, and you do have to put a bit more effort into cleaning as grouting can trap grease and dust.
- Glass tiles: There are a huge range of glass tiles out there in every shape and color, making them an exceptionally versatile and creative choice. We suggest you take a chance and go bold with your choice – think of cool aqua for a serene kitchen, mirror tiles for urban chic, and bold red for a clean modern look. Again, there is a cost for labor here and a little bit of elbow grease is needed to keep them at their best, but they’ll last for many years.
- Stainless steel: It’s a favorite material for commercial kitchens and a top choice for home cooks who want to create a slick industrial look. Hardwearing and long-lasting, steel makes a great backsplash and character feature that has no seams or grouting in which dirt can get trapped. You will need to give it a regular clean as grease and dirt does show up easily, as do fingerprints!
- Granite: A favorite countertop material, granite can be extended up your wall to create your backsplash and a seamless look. This will be sealed in place to make it watertight, and the result is a clean, natural and elegant space. As for the downside, granite is fairly expensive to buy and install, so this might put your budget over the edge.
- Laminate: Laminate manufacturing technology has transformed this material from a low-cost staple into a high-trending favorite amongst home renovators and interior designers. There are dozens of different designs to choose from, from natural wood and granite to more adventurous colors and textures. It’s easy to install and affordable to buy, which makes it great for your budget as well.
Laminate Backsplash Edge Options And Countertop Edge Profiles From The Pros
Your kitchen deserves to have the perfect finishing touches, from high-quality appliances to expertly fabricated laminate backsplash edges. At Kuehn Bevel, we’ve got over 20 years of experience in the laminate countertop edging industry and, with a huge range of options and laminate countertop edge profiles, we can create the custom detail your kitchen deserves.
For more information about our products or to speak to the friendly sales staff at your local installers, please contact us or visit our website at http://www.kuehnbevel.com/