Laminate countertops are more popular and more attractive than ever before, and while they are known as one of the best low-maintenance options, it’s still important that they are properly cared for in order to make them truly last. Here are some tips from the experts in countertop edge profiles.
- Use a soft, damp cloth for everyday cleaning. You can also use a mild household detergent or a dilution of white vinegar and water to remove any grease or spills. After using the detergent, be sure to wipe down the countertops with a clean cloth to remove any residue.
- Wipe up spills immediately. As with all materials, the longer a spill sits on a surface, the more likely it is to stain, so wipe up any spills as they happen with a clean, damp cloth.
- Use a baking soda paste to remove tougher stains. Mix a 3:1 ratio of baking soda to water to make the paste. Spread onto the stain, rubbing gently – no hard scrubbing as this may damage the surface. Let it sit for up to 5 minutes and remove.
- Cut directly onto your countertop. Most countertops will scratch and get damaged if they are used as a cutting board, and laminate is no exception. Rather, cut onto a proper cutting surface like a wooden, plastic or glass chopping board.
- Place hot items directly onto the countertop. Even though laminate is fairly heat resistant, hot pots and pans can scorch the laminate, causing it to discolor and warp. Instead, use a trivet or insulated hot pad.
- Use harsh cleaning products. Oven cleaner, chlorine bleach, tub and tile cleaners, and rust removers contain very strong chemicals that can damage and discolor your countertop.
Affordable, elegant countertop edging to make your investment last
Kuehn Bevel is a leader in the manufacture of decorative laminate countertop edging products for Formica, laminate, solid surface and wood countertops. Our products include beveled edge laminate countertop trim, Formica edges, solid surface edging and granite like laminate edges, amongst others. Our aim is to give our clients access to beautiful and stylish products that deliver the best in protective countertop edging and interior design but without the hefty price tag.
For more information about our countertop edge profiles, please contact us today at http://www.kuehnbevel.com/ and speak the friendly sales staff at your local installers.